The YSS take our environmental issues seriously. We have an agenda of improvements we are making to our facilities in order to improve efficiency and reduce impact.
Material placed in them should be clean and dry, so please wash all food or liquid residue out and let dry before placing items in the bins
The normal green waste bin should still be used for everything else, however, if you want to take your paper and cardboard home and recycle it that would be great too.
The green bin is for general (non-recycling) refuse
What not to put in the bin
The bin/bag is to only be used for waste that cannot be recycled or composted.
Please do NOT put the following in your green bin or black sacks:
- Building materials
- Soil and rubble
- Some types of clinical waste
- Large bulky items (e.g. furniture)
- Electrical items
- Toxic/hazardous materials such as car batteries, motor oil, paint, corrosive materials
- Hot ash (can go in the green bin once cooled and must be bagged)
- Sawdust and dust (can go in the green bin and must be bagged)
Heating and Water
Our heating and hot water system has been completely replaced using more efficient radiators, boilers and storage with the system using power from the PV Panels where possible further reducing our carbon footprint.
Below table show our production from the PV Panels for 2018
CO2 Emission Saved
Equivalent Trees Planted